Sunday 16 March 2014

Low Carb, High Protein Bread

So today I was really craving a bagel with smoked salmon and avocado, however as you all know I'm 'cutting' so need to control my carbohydrate intake! And I'm trying to do that especially by leaving out starchy carbs as much as possible. 

So here is a low carb high protein bread I made, as I've mentioned on twitter I don't have an oven in Lagos so this is a flat bread made in a skillet, it is one serving and you can get two slices out of it. 

Low Carb, High Protein Bread Recipe: 

8 almond flour (blend whole almonds in food processor)

2 egg whites 

3/4 tsp baking powder 

1/2 scoop TPW Vanilla Whey Protein

1 calorie olive oil spray/ olive oil

1, blend almonds in food processor to get flour consistency 
2, add all the dry ingredients together first
3, incorporate wet ingredients with dry and mix well till get nice dough consistency 
4, spray skillet once/twice with olive oil spray let it heat up on medium heat and pour in dough and let it cook. 

This should get you 2 slices of flat bread and the macros are as follows: 

Total kcal: 140.5, fat 5.5, sf 1, carbs 4.8, protein 19.95, 

Enjoy! 



1 comment: