Monday 24 March 2014

Healthier carrot cake recipe

Healthy Carrot Cake Recipe

 

So I promised to put up my healthy carrot cake recipe last week and I just got a minute at work and thought I would quickly post the recipe.

Healthy Carrot Cake:

-          2 cups Whole wheat or oat Flour

-          1 tsp Baking Powder

-          1 tsp Cinnamon

-          2 cups grated carrots Xylitol (if you can’t get use brown sugar)

-          3 tbsp Coconut oil

-          3 large eggs

-          1 tsp vanilla extract

-          ½ cup Almond milk or milk of your choice.

Frosting

-          ½ cup low fat cream cheese

-          2 tbsp Xylitol

-          1 tsp ground cinnamon

-          1 tsp vanilla extract

 

Directions: For carrot cake:

Mix wet ingredients with carrots and mix dry ingredients separately.

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.

Put in mixture in baking tin and place in preheated oven (200 degrees) for about 20- 30 mins. – do the fork test if not cooked leave for as long as it takes, but check it 

 

Frosting:

Mix all ingredients together, wait for cake to cool down before adding frosting


Sorry I don't have the macros for this one! As I said very quick post! Back to work! 


Enjoy my lovelies 

 

 


 

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is extremely brilliant. Quality contents are here.
    I'm very glad that I've discovered your blog.

    Goji Berry Magro

    ReplyDelete